Tag Archives: just a statistic for your vest pocket

EHS 2011 Graduating Class Statistic

Recently I had  a discussion with  a friend regarding their HS graduates(Beverly, MA)  and the percentage going on to college. Since they quoted a very high percentage I had to check to see how we measured up. I just got the answer this evening. I was unable to verify the  Beverly % which was quoted as  over  90, and seemed high, to me. So I checked  a premier high school  in MA.

“Newton North had a percentage of  86% going on to 4& 2 year schools,with numerous students attending Ivy League schools like Harvard, Princeton and Yale, according to the principal’s office. The other 14 percent will either attend tech school, go for employment, join the military, are undecided, or are taking a year off.” Boston.com

The EHS Class of 2011:

77% went on to college (2-4 year)

Break down:

4-year =67.6

2-year = 9.6

Mike