We are going to move forward. In fact that was the seminal moment of the 2 hour meeting. Lionel said that he did not want to keep the public waiting any longer. He also added as he is wont to do, that if asked to vote today he could not make a decision. So, now the divining begins. Measurements, calculations, gnashing of teeth , fond farewells. This will consume another year. Ted Diers of DES was in attendance. While not identifying the funding source, in vague terms said he can spring for 60% of the study. There is a laundry list of items to be completed. Core samples, scour analysis all sorts of fun stuff. Then we will take the dam down. It will cost about 99K to complete the study. So the Budget Committee and the Selectmen have to authorize a fund of about 40K for this contingency. Matt Quandt is on the case.
I asked why the drawdown is going to last 3 more weeks. I do not believe the drawdown will have any effect on the water table. That part of the equation I find specious. It just does not seem a reasonable supposition.
I heard that 11 water is planning a deck. Nice.
“Why a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can’t make head nor tail out of it. ”