I read this draft just this morning. I found a mistake. The Town reservoir does not empty into Wheelwright and then the Exeter River.It’s the Squamscott River. Small point you say? Please replay the tapes to me to prove the discussion has ever paid more than lip service to Great Bay.
A couple of bullets, mine.
- The dam is coming down.
- The natural bedrock falls will still maintain a pond of significant size back to Gilman.
- The engineers are confident of their ability to continue to withdraw water from the River.
- Water use is not increasing. Growth is and will continue to be flat.
- There are no good records .
- We have to nip the water district talk, and help others live within their own limits.
- There is still a great deal of water being lost in distribution.(leaks)
- We have a looming sewage treatment issue.
- Let’s get this dam down and move on.